Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defense Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WTIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131). Our client’s range in the field of concrete reinforcement steel manufacturing, steel mills, can plants, container terminals, fiber cement plants, government, and many more. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
We are looking for a self-motivated and reliable team player who has a genuine interest in becoming a qualified tradesman, with good communication skills and mechanical reasoning aptitude.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to be trained on the job and acquire the basic knowledge and skills required in the attainment of the Mechanical Trade certification in accordance with the Australian Apprenticeship Training Agreement.
Under the supervision of a trade qualified supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Perform grinding and machining operations.
• Interpret technical drawings and perform precision mechanical measurements.
• Use power and hand-held tools for precision work.
• Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements.
• Set up and adjust metalworking machines and equipment.
• Operate machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planning, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock or components.
• Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts.
• Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines.
• Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts.
• Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines.
• Make all reasonable effort to achieve the competencies specified in the training plan to complete a Certificate III – Mechanical Trade.
• Flexibility to perform other duties within the manufacturing environment when required.
• Completion of jobs in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail.
The successful applicant will:
• Be keen and ready to learn in the relevant trade qualification
• Physical agility and strength to cope with the physical demands of the job
• Hard working and positive attitude
• Able to work in a team environment and under high stress situations
• Be available for an immediate start
• Have own reliable transport
Don’t miss this chance send in your application TODAY!
You can send your resume and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org