Mobile food container servicing the Sydney region with soups and spuds.
How it Works:
The mobile food container was designed with practicality and ease of use in mind. With the container being fully self sufficient and remote controlled this assisted in reinforcing this idea. One person can set it up and close it. It doesn’t require any crane to lift it up. It has a hydraulic system to lift the container onto a flat bed truck. The side extensions also allowed for floor space to be increased without effecting transportability.
- Custom built 20 foot shipping container, for ease of transport
- Four fold out remote controlled hydraulic telescopic legs capable of lifting the container approximately 1.6m off the ground. When folded out they provide a clearance width of approximately 3.1m, enough for a truck to reverse between.
- Two remote controlled hydraulic aided side extensions, extending 900mm out, increasing floor space
- Self contained, included a fresh water tank, waste water tank and two gas generators
- Fully fitted out with cooking appliances
- Concept can be adapted to suit different applications, including mobile workshop, military, aid, emergency and disaster relief organisations.
- Reduced transportation costs, as no crane required for lifting
- No riggers or crane operator required for lifting
- Reduced waiting time
- Can be unloaded in remote areas with limited access
- Only requires one person for lifting, with the aid of a remote control
- Under 20 minutes load time