Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defense Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WTIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131). Our client’s range in the field of concrete reinforcement steel manufacturing, steel mills, can plants, container terminals, fiber cement plants, government, and many more. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the preparation of construction documents for structural drawings and details on a variety of projects; working closely with a team of Structural Engineers & other Drafters.
Your duties & tasks will include:
• Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
• Produce technical drawings and models based on rough sketches, specifications and calculations based on design parameters provided by others
• Make necessary changes to designs while checking and verifying that drawings conform to specifications and quality standards.
• Coordinate with team members to establish design requirements, background documents, document field conditions, and assure coordination of the design effort
• Create detailed reports, calculate material amounts and costs and prepare construction specifications and timelines.
• Coordinate, collect and incorporate key data in the work product
• Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team
• Help identify material design conflicts
• Prepare engineering documents for submissions
To be successful you MUST possess:
• Relevant tertiary qualification (Adv. Diploma, Diploma or Certificate) in Civil/Structural engineering/drafting is essential
• Proven experience with structural drafting
• Experience in the use of Inventor / AutoCAD and apply standard drafting techniques
• A sound understanding of relevant Australian Standards and Building Codes
• Outstanding communication skills and the flexibility to work across a broad range of technically complex projects
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org