Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defense Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WTIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131). Our client’s range in the field of concrete reinforcement steel manufacturing, steel mills, can plants, container terminals, fiber cement plants, government, and many more. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
We are currently looking for a Trades Assistant with previous experience within a mechanical and/or engineering workshop environment and hold a current Forklift License and White Card.
The successful applicant will be a reliable, hardworking & enthusiastic TA with a strong focus on safety in the workplace. Must have an excellent communication skills & attention to detail as well as strong customer service focus. We are prepared to invest a great deal of training into the successful candidate; therefore, we are looking for people that are willing to commit to this position for the long term.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with Shut downs and overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to work both in the field and in the workshop, fabricating, stripping, cleaning and rebuilding equipment.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Help with stores & general site maintenance
• Read and understand drawings, work orders and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications
• Assist boilermakers, welders and fitters
• Set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding and fabrication trade
• General equipment maintenance
• Complete in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail
• Maintain a clean, organised and safe work area
• Be flexible to perform other duties within the manufacturing environment when required
The successful applicant must be:
• Able to work in a team environment
• Physically fit with good hearing, vision, good coordination and manual dexterity
• Be willing to learn and develop
• Handy with tools
• Have own transport and tools
• Available for an immediate start
Don’t miss this chance send in your application TODAY!
Please send your resume and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org