Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of a reliable, hardworking & enthusiastic Trades Assistant with a strong focus on safety in the workplace. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. We are prepared to invest a great deal of training into the successful candidate; therefore, we are looking for people that are willing to commit to this position for the long term.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with Shut downs and overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to work both in the field and in the workshop, fabricating, stripping, cleaning and rebuilding equipment.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Help with stores & general site maintenance
• Read and understand drawings, work orders and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications
• Assist boilermakers, welders and fitters
• Set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding and fabrication trade
• General equipment maintenance
• Complete in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail
• Maintain a clean, organised and safe work area
• Be flexible to perform other duties within the manufacturing environment when required
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Experience within a mechanical and/or engineering workshop environment
• Current Forklift Licence
• Blue/White Card
• Physically fit with good hearing, vision, good coordination and manual dexterity
• Be willing to learn and develop
• Handy with tools
• Able to work in a team environment
• Have own transport and tools
• Available for an immediate start
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to email@example.com