ESTIMATOR / SCHEDULER
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of an experienced Estimator/Scheduler. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Primary duties will be to be responsible for planning jobs, requisitioning parts, maintaining work specifications, managing schedules and the distribution of any work orders/documentation, to provide the service most suitable to the client’s needs, cost and time restraints.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the planning functions around a planned maintenance shutdown, including planning meetings, computer generated Gannt charts, meeting and scheduling of outside contractors, all planning processes and preparation of job packets.
• Must work closely with operations, other maintenance personnel, engineering, purchasing, and outside contractors on a daily basis.
• Responsible for prioritize and managing the backlog.
• Plan, schedule and manage contractors (shutdowns and daily work).
• Report on backlog, planned work and cost performance.
• Work with Purchasing on repairs and rebuilds.
• Respond efficiently to any online or telephone queries in a calm and friendly manner.
• Read mechanical & structural drawings
• Prepare quotes and estimate workloads.
• Follow up on any sales quotations and other related documents made for clients.
• Liaise between the clients to ensure product/service provided is most suitable to the client’s needs, cost and time restraints.
• Schedule manpower and resources for site and workshop needs.
• Work closely with the workshop team to assess the progress of the work orders and develop strategy to reach the set target for the job.
• Inform clients of any delays and arrange for alternative delivery dates.
• Prepare reports to management on progress of work orders and outline any developed strategies to improve performance.
• Ensure the timely processing of client’s invoices in the computer system.
• Regular checking of service sheets for accuracy of customer charging.
• Liaise with site personnel to co-ordinate timely delivery/pick up of required equipment.
• Liaise with the site personnel to obtain necessary documentation to complete tasks on a daily basis.
• Look for opportunities to improve processes and procedures resulting to increased efficiencies.
• Prepare reports and presentations to management as required
• Maintain and monitor the cost effectiveness of jobs and overall profitability.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, filing and archiving.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of required items.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Two (2) year technical degree or equivalent or preferably with Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Must have a mechanical background in fitting, machining, fabrication and welding
• Must be able to read mechanical and structural drawings
• Must have extensive experience in preparing quotes, estimating workloads, scheduling manpower & resources for site and workshop needs
• Current valid Driver’s licence
• Blue Card/White Card
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• Ability to use MYOB is an advantage
• Well-developed people and relationship building skills
• High level of administration ability to effectively manage paperwork
• Have own reliable transport
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to email@example.com