Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of a an experienced and trade qualified Structural Drafter. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Primary duties will be to be responsible for the preparation of construction documents for structural drawings and details on a variety of projects; working closely with a team of Structural Engineers & other Drafters.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
• Produce technical drawings and models based on rough sketches, specifications and calculations based on design parameters provided by others
• Make necessary changes to designs while checking and verifying that drawings conform to specifications and quality standards.
• Coordinate with team members to establish design requirements, background documents, document field conditions, and assure coordination of the design effort
• Create detailed reports, calculate material amounts and costs and prepare construction specifications and timelines.
• Coordinate, collect and incorporate key data in the work product
• Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team
• Help identify material design conflicts
• Prepare engineering documents for submissions
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Relevant tertiary qualification (Adv. Diploma, Diploma or Certificate) in Civil/Structural engineering/drafting is essential
• Proven experience with structural steel drafting/detailing
• Experience in the use of Inventor / AutoCAD / Revit and apply standard drafting techniques
• A sound understanding of relevant Australian Standards and Building Codes
• Outstanding communication skills and the flexibility to work across a broad range of technically complex projects
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org