Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of a high-performing and experienced Structural Engineer. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organisation that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Structural Engineer, you will deliver high quality structural designs to meet our clients’ engineering requirements and expectations in regards to budget and schedule.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of structures, components and systems.
• Plan and manage projects, and prepare construction materials, cost and timing estimates, reports design specifications for machinery and systems.
• Design structures, components, tools, fixtures and equipment.
• Make calculations of loads and stresses of structural systems and structures.
• Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and construction of structures.
• Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews.
• Investigate structural failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
• Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance.
• Supervise Technicians, Draftsman, other Engineers and Cadets and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
• Create and foster teamwork within each project.
• Support the quality of application of existing products driving improvements as required.
• Ensure proper documentation of all work, products and relevant activities.
• Organize and document design reviews.
• Provide status reports and present to the Manager as required.
• Encourage open communication within team.
• Prepare proposals.
• Liaise with clients as required and document all activities.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
• Demonstrated design experience
• Working knowledge of Australian standards and practices, and engineering codes regarding structural designs and drawings
• Project management skills or experience
• Proficiency in the use of CAD (Inventor) and Microsoft Office Suite
• A professional approach towards communication and personal presentation
• Organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to timeframes
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of quality management systems employed in an engineering practice
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to email@example.com.