Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of an experienced Welder with Pressure Welding (AS1796) or ISO 9606 qualifications. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with Shut downs and overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to weld metal components of steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes using the appropriate welding process or technique.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
- Examine plans, blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements then choose which welding method/s to utilise.
- Select, clean and prepare metal and metal surfaces to undergo cutting, gouging, filling, grinding, welding or bevelling.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal using gas shielded metal arc.
- Join metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting.
- Inspect welds for width of bead, penetration and precision.
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions.
- Clean and smoothen welds.
- Maintain a clean and organised work area.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
- Trade qualifications in Welding
- 5 years post trade experience preferred.
- Experience with Mild steel, Stainless and Aluminium, Mobile Plant, Industrial Machinery, welding, oxy cutting, assembly and of mechanical components, pipe work and valve fitting will be highly regarded.
- Confined Spaces and blue/white card.
- Good fault-finding & problem-solving skills
- Strong focus on safety in the workplace
- Able to work in a team environment
- Physically fit, hardworking and positive attitude
- Have own transport and tools
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org