Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of qualified and experienced Welding Engineer. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Primary duties as Welding Engineer, will be to oversee all the activities and duties of the welding staff and ensuring that the welders work within the set quality and deadline specifications.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Ensure that the welding requirements of Engineering documents & codes, standards and specifications are met.
• Ensure that a welding procedure is available, has been approved and is being employed in the workshop.
• Verify and maintain that adequate and valid welder approvals are available, and that only approved welders are used in workshop.
• Assist with the preparation of Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s).
• Maintain advanced knowledge of the welding procedures and processes to guide his subordinates.
• Witness the preparation of test plates and destructive tests and verifying compliance with appropriate standards and specifications.
• Verify parent material against documentation and markings.
• Verify the correctness of welding consumables (electrodes, filler wires, consumable in¬serts, gases, fluxes etc.)
• Verify that any required preheat is in accordance with the specified procedure.
• Verify that dimensions, fit-up and weld preparations are in accordance with specifications.
• Surveillance during welding to verify compliance with specified procedures including any pre-heat, interpass temperature control and post heat require¬ments.
• Verify, when required that post weld heat treat¬ment has been conducted in accordance with specification requirements.
• Visual inspection and dimensional check of completed welding against specification require-ments and drawings.
• Study NDT results on any welding work using NDT methods such as liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiography or ultrasonic inspection and obtain certification in accordance with the related approval schemes.
• Prepare and set up NDT Testing Division for Clients.
• Evaluate of and prepare inspection reports.
• Maintain records of inspections carried out.
• Manage the development, maintenance and revision of QA procedures and their related activities to ensure continued accreditation to ISO 9001.
• Perform general testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all manufactured products.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Relevant Welding certification
• Extensive familiarity with welding works with at least 5 years of experience as Welding Supervisor
• Current valid Driver’s licence
• Must have excellent leadership, management, planning and motivation skills
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to communicate with workers and managing them with efficiency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• Strong focus on safety in the workplace
• Have own reliable transport
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org