Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defense Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WTIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131). Our client’s range in the field of concrete reinforcement steel manufacturing, steel mills, can plants, container terminals, fiber cement plants, government, and many more. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
We are looking for a self-motivated and reliable team player who has a genuine interest in becoming a qualified tradesman, with good communication skills and mechanical reasoning aptitude.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to be trained on the job and acquire the basic knowledge and skills required in the attainment of the Fabrication Trade certification in accordance with the Australian Apprenticeship Training Agreement.
Under the supervision of a trade qualified supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
• Cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
• Shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
• Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
• Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
• Finishing products by cleaning, polishing and grinding
• Make all reasonable effort to achieve the competencies specified in the training plan to complete a Certificate III –
• Flexibility to perform other duties within the manufacturing environment when required.
• Completion of jobs in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail.
The successful applicant will:
• Be keen and in the relevant trade qualification
• Physical agility and strength to cope with the physical demands of the job
• Hard working and positive attitude
• Able to work in a team environment and under high stress situations
• Be available for an immediate start
• Have own reliable transport
Don’t miss this chance send in your application TODAY!
POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED IN A VERY SHORT TIME.
Please send your resume and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org