APPRENTICES – BOILERMAKERS
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of a technically minded individual, ready to get his hands on the tools and has a genuine interest to become trade qualified as a Boilermaker. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to be trained on the job and acquire the basic knowledge and skills required in the attainment of the Fabrication Trade certification in accordance with the Australian Apprenticeship Training Agreement.
Your responsibilities will include under the supervision of a trade qualified supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
• Cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
• Shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
• Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
• Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
• Finishing products by cleaning, polishing and grinding
• Make all reasonable effort to achieve the competencies specified in the training plan to complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Heavy Fabrication.
• Flexibility to perform other duties within the manufacturing environment when required.
• Completion of jobs in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Be keen and in the relevant trade qualification
• Physical agility and strength to cope with the physical demands of the job
• Hard working and positive attitude
• Able to work in a team environment and under high stress situations
• Be available for an immediate start
• Have own reliable transport
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to email@example.com