MECHANICAL SHIFT FITTERS
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of a an experienced and trade qualified Mechanical Fitter. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSA18001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time position as a shift fitter with Shut downs and overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to work both on and off a rotating roster servicing industrial type machinery.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
• Mechanical Fitter
• Machining and Welding
• Preventative and breakdown maintenance
• Rebuild, repair and general equipment maintenance
• Reading and understanding of mechanical and workshop drawing
• Completion of jobs in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail
• Maintain a clean and organised work area
• Flexibility to perform other duties within the manufacturing environment when required
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
• Mechanical Trade qualifications
• At least 5 years post trade experience preferred
• Experience with Mobile Plant, Industrial Machinery, maintenance, breakdowns, welding, oxy cutting, assembly and of mechanical components, pipe work and valve fitting will be highly regarded
• Forklift licence and blue/white card
• Excellent communication skills when dealing with customers
• Self-motivated and a team player
• Good fault-finding & problem-solving skill
• Strong focus on safety in the workplace
• Be available for an immediate start
• Have own transport and tools
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org